Gluten Free Sweetpotato Pie Recipe
Sweetpotato Awesome Gluten Free Sweetpotato Pie (makes 2 medium sized pies)
4 medium organic sweetpotatoes (Orange flesh/Beauregard/Jewel are ideal)
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/3 cup of maple syrup
2/3 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 gluten free pie shells
1. Fill a pot with water, heat to boiling and boil the sweetpotatoes (with skins on...washed first of course) for about 35 minutes or until soft (the softer the better).
2. When the sweetpoes are soft enough drain the water.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Pour sweetpotatoes and maple syrup into Vitamix/Powerful Blender. Blend on high for several minutes using Vitamin plunger/prodder to make sure all of the mixture is blended to a very smooth consistency.
5. In a bowl beat together the butter, brown sugar to a creamy mixture.
6. Beat the two eggs.
7. Add the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, sea salt and condensed milk to the butter and brown sugar mixture.
8. Add this mixture into the Vitamix/Powerful Blender with the sweetpotato and syrup blend.
9. Blend with Vitamix on high for several minutes. Again, use the prodder to make sure it is blended all the way through (i.e. very smooth).
10. Pour into pie shells. I used Wholly Wholesome's Gluten Free Pie Shell.
12. Sprinkle granules on top of pie along with chocolate chips. I used Sunspire Organic 42% Cacao Chips.
13. Bake for 1 hr and 5 minutes (make sure it is slightly brown on top).
14. Cool for at least an hour (a night in the fridge is optimal).
15. Enjoy the Awesomeness!